Maximizing Patient Value
Effective Involvement of Patients in Health Technology Decisions: What Does Best Look Like?
This program presented some of the latest international and Canadian developments in policy in this important area. As well as includes presentations from experts and interactive discussion amongst the participants.
Keynote Presentations and Facilitated Discussion
- Dr. Karen Facey: Chair, Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) Interest Sub-group on Patient and Citizen Involvement in HTA, Chair of the HTAi Policy Forum and Honorary Senior Research Fellow at the University of Glasgow.
- Dr. Marie-Pierre Gagnon: Researcher, CHUQ Research center, Hopital St-Fracois d'Assise: research Axis on Knowledge Transfer and Evaluation of Technologies and Interventions of CRCHUQ.
- Dr. George Tolomiczenko: Executive Director of Research & Scientific Liaison Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada.
- Cheryl Arratoon: Knowledge Broker, Canadian Cochrane Network and Centre, Ottawa, Canada, Institute of Population Health.
- Elaine McPhail: Canadian Agency of Drug and Technologies on Health.
- Jennifer Rees: Director Patient Engagement, Alberta Health Services.
- Durhane Wong-Reiger: Chair, Consumer Advocate.
Friday, 5th February 2010
8:30 - 3:30 pm
10640 100 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1J1
Quartz Ballroom B
Funding Support for this workshop and proceedings supported
by the Institute of Health Economics and
unrestricted grant funds from Eli Lilly